Welcome to Greenviews
Resort accommodation in El Nido and Port Barton.
Sunset at Corong–Corong .
Palawan Greenviews has two resorts on Palawan; the resort at Port Barton opened November 1997 and at Corong–Corong, El Nido opened in November 2007.
Both are ideal holiday destinations for guests seeking a genuine friendly, clean and relaxing environment located in two different areas of outstanding natural beauty. A beauty enhanced by the sympathetic construction of native style cottages and restaurants blending into the surrounding wilderness.
The already wonderful atmosphere has been further reinforced by extensive planting of trees, shrubs and orchids which makes walks through the gardens a joy for plant lovers, wildlife enthusiasts and anybody who appreciates the natural world.
Both resorts are conveniently located for boat trips to the surrounding islands and beaches, which Palawan is justifiably world famous for and each resort offers a different kind of island experience.
El Nido's islands are famous for its jagged karst scenery and wonderful beaches whereas the islands around Port Barton are the more typical desert island ideal with superb white beaches and snorkelling opportunities.
El Nido Resort.
Booking & Enquiries.
To make a booking or for more information, please email :– firstname.lastname@example.org
Please state which resort in your original booking email request.
Last minute bookings please also call the resorts direct as well as emailing.
- for El Nido phone :– 0921 586 1442
- for Port Barton phone :– 0929 268 5333
PLEASE NOTE THE EL NIDO TELEPHONE NUMBER IN LONELY PLANET IS WRONG)
Booking Terms & Conditions.
A deposit of two nights accommodation fee will be required, payable within one week of confirmation of booking or the booking will be automatically cancelled.
If guests do not arrive on the first day covered by the deposit, the deposit will be lost for that first day. It will also be lost for the second day of non–arrival and the booking cancelled unless notified by telephone or email by 12 noon that you will be late.
Guests arriving from Coron by boat should be aware that boats are often cancelled so guests coming from Coron to Greenviews do so at their own risk.
If the boats are cancelled and your journey is delayed the deposit will be lost and you must claim on your insurance or from the boat company. Greenviews management do not accept any liability for delays to your journey caused by others.
Your booking for the days not covered by a deposit will also be cancelled unless notified of new arrival time by telephone or Email but not by text as texts sometimes do not get through.
To avoid this risk we suggest that you fly to and from Coron via Manila as boat cancellations happen frequently. This causes a lot of stress to guests who are stranded by cancellation of the ferry boats.
If a deposit has been paid and we manage to re–let, then we will refund the deposit less 10% administration fee.
Palawan Greenviews Resorts have high standards of cleanliness maintained by the friendly and helpful staff and management, which helps guests enjoy the fascinating natural and unique beauty of Palawan – an island which Jacque Cousteau described as the most beautiful place he had ever visited.
The owners Tina & Dave Gooding have a love of nature and the environment and that is evidenced by the way the resort is run with much planting to encourage wildlife into the resorts.
Information and photos of both resorts and the new Jungle & Waterfall Wildlife Sanctuary are set out on subsequent pages.
El Nido Resort.
- Port Barton closed 1 May to allow rebuilding. The restaurant building at the back has been knocked down and is being rebuilt with two storeys at the front overlooking the beach to allow guest to eat and drink whilst enjoying the wonderful sea views.
The cottages are being modernised including the installation of hot showers. Free 24 hour WIFI using a satellite system will be installed.
We expect to open by 1 December at the latest. Please call resort or email email@example.com if you want to go there in November in case we open earlier than 1 December.
- Electricity supplied by the Electricity Company in El Nido had become totally unreliable with frequent brown outs sometimes lasting days but since March 2013, when a new town big generator was installed, we have had a reliable electricity supply 2pm-6am and everybody is happy.
- A 15 hectare Jungle & Waterfall Wildlife Sanctuary has been purchased near El Nido. The opening date of this area cannot be determined at the moment as other commitments prevent us from making the paths safe for visitors. As soon as we know when it is suitable for visitors we will announce it on this website.
- We now have 24 hours free WI–FI at El Nido.
- Sad news, our tame baby otter has died after eating a poisonous crab. All the Greenviews staff are devastated and we know former guests who befriended Lucky will be upset too.